2) BASICS: How to use the SP-Studio
The SP-Studio is a tool to create your own cartoon characters – or any picture you like. You can choose different categories (body parts, clothes, backgrounds) by clicking on the menu guy. When you first start it is best to select the “skin”. Click on the huge black body shape to select a skin color. Then you can move on to another category, like eyes or hair. There is no given order you need to follow – you can jump between the categories and change them as often as you wish.
Usually the SP-Studio works as easy as this: Click on a category, click on a an item and it will appear in your picture. You cannot change the order of the items, so for example hats will always appear on top of the hair and not behind it. The “Freestyle Collection” (in “Shirts”) is a big exception. Here you can design your own clothes by combining up to three parts in any order you like. For example: a yellow jacket on top of a red dress on top of a striped t-shirt. Or what would it look like with the dress on top of the jacket? I do not tell you what order to use, it’s all up to you.
You have 3 layers for clothes here. Switch between them by clicking on the numbers 1, 2 or 3 on top of the clothes. Layer 1 is the first layer. Layer 2 is on top of layer 1. Layer 3 is on top of layer 1 and 2. Maybe it is easier to memorize this way:
1 = underwear, 2 = shirt, 3 = coat. Try it out and you will be able to create your own fashion!
Just click on the item after you added it to your picture. A little menu will appear, were you can choose to delete, flip or move it. Deleting and flipping works right away, but after you choose to move the item you have to click on it again to drag it. Keep the mousebotton pressed and move it to a different position. When you release the mouse button the item will be dropped.
KNOWN PROBLEM: Unfortunately it can happen that the little menu cannot be seen if another object is in front of it. So you have to move or delete this object first so it does not hide the menu anymore.
You can easily save your picture by clicking on the black disc symbol. A pop up window will appear and after you click OK your picture will be saved to your download folder as “sp-studio.jpg”. There is no watermark on it because I trust you enough to link back to sp-studio.de if you show the picture on another website. Make sure to deactivate any pop up blocker you have installed.
In the SP-Studio you can see six black symbols:
- The Home Symbol button shows the Sp-Studio home screen. This is the speech bubble with the welcome text. Your picture is NOT deleted when you click the Home button. You just need to click on a category to see it again.
- The Disc Symbol lets you save your SP-Studio picture to your computer. The pictures are never saved automatically, so if you want to keep them, please remember to use this button. When you click the button a little info text pops up. Then you are asked you if you want to save the image file. Usually it will be saved to your Downloads folder as sp-studio.jpg.
- The Trash Can Symbol deletes your current picture, so you can start over. Every item, body part and the background will be removed. So be careful with this button.
- The Lock Symbol lets you “lock” your picture if you do not want to be able to move, delete or flip single parts of it. Then it is impossible to use the little pop up menu. I never use this feature, but some people asked me to include it. They were afraid to accidentaly delete something.
- The Copyright Symbol shows information about how you are allowed to use the SP-Studio pictures. You can also learn more about this topic here in the F.A.Q..
- The Questionmark Symbol shows a help screen. It described the basic features of the SP-Studio in different languages.